- Created on 11 August 2013
- Last Updated on 13 July 2014
- Written by Urish Arora
- Hits: 1559
How to Copy or Extract Report Definition File (.rdl) file from ReportServer
In this article we are going to see how to copy a Report from ReportServer to the local computer.
In other word we can say that how we can get or extract .rdl file for that report from the ReportServer to the local computer.
- Go to Report Manager.
- Click on Edit link in Report Definition. Now you can Open or Save the Report Definition Files (RDL).
- In case if you don't able to see any Edit or Update link or Report Definition then at the above you will get Download option at the top bar.
- Clicking on it you can save it or open it. Now you can get your Report Definition File(.rdl) on your computer.
Reference: Urish Arora (SharePoint-Nirvana.com)